Looking To Buy Real Estate in Edmonton?
Browse listings and contact Simon Chong to purchase your dream home.
Welcome to my website
Why Choose Simon Chong?
Over 30 years of successful Real Estate Selling Experience.
- Licensed Realtor since 1985
- Member of the Re/Max International 100% Club since 1990.
- Member of the Re/Max Platinum Club
- Member of the Re/Max Chairman’s Club – one of the Highest Award given by Re/Max
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- Consistently Top 3 in the office since 1990.
- Member of the MLS Million Dollar & Medallion Club, top 5% since 1989.
Buying Real Estate in Edmonton
The bottom line is that buying real estate in Canada is very easy. From a residency point of view, if you plan to stay in Canada for 6 months or less each year, the government considers you a non-resident, which means that you can still open a bank account and buy property, etc. If you plan to live in Canada for more than 6 months per year, you must apply for immigrant status.
Selling Real Estate in Edmonton
Selling your home can be a stressful experience but it doesn’t have to be.
When a non-resident sells Canadian real estate, he/she is required to pay the appropriate amount of taxes on any capital gain. The normal Canadian tax rates will be applied to 50% of the gain. However, a non-resident is required to pay an estimate of the tax before the sale, an amount equal to 25% of the gain.